A recent Global Trends Survey™, conducted by powerhouse global consultancy Monitor Group, identified the top 8 trends that business leaders should be focused on in the next 2-5 years.
It was no surprise to us here at Attensa to learn that the issue that rose to near the top of the survey list is “Info overload – extracting meaning from the noise.” The Survey’s respondents are clearly Attensa “simpatico.” RSS for the enterprise is going to change the way we work – forever. Global business leaders are waking up to the fact that massive amounts of irrelevant information are flooding the desktops of their workforce, cutting into time and productivity. As we’ve been saying to all who will listen – there is an immediate and clear need for companies and individuals to have the ability to quickly and easily sift through the information clutter, and receive prioritized, automatically updated, highly relevant information delivered straight to their desktop. This will translate to a more knowledgeable workforce with the time to focus on the “real work,” that pays the bills, as well as better employee learning opportunities, project management abilities, organizational skills, etc.
For those interested in the issues that survey respondents thought were more critical than information overload – here are the top 8:
1. China's emergence - threats and opportunities
3. Baby boom demographics (management and markets)
4. Info overload--extracting meaning from the noise
5. Connected, for better and worse (digital security)
6. Compete? Or collaborate? (A new source of advantage)
7. The reinvented organization--a revolution in how things get done
8. Design--the last best differentiator